April 22, 2011
My Papa turned 90! It was a BIG day in his life and in all of ours. Family from all over the country flew in to calmly surprise him on his big day.
You can read more about the event in our archives.
This weekly challenge was Big. I immediately thought of the big buildings or places we have traveled too. But, I wanted something different. So, I thought about life and what big events occur. Adam suggested our pregnancy test (it was big news!)
But, the truth is, my Papa is a BIG part of my life. He was born in 1921. He has done a lot in his life time and I love looking through all of his old photos of him in the Navy and with his siblings (he has 5 of them!). His stories of how he won over my Grandmother at the singles dance saying he didn’t have a ride home (when he actually drove a group of people to the dance), and his dirty jokes.
I love when he dances with Grandma in the house and daily says to her, “Have I told you I love you today?”
He is my gem.
I have been told many times when we are out together how lucky I am to be 32 and know my Papa so well. I love him to bits and just can’t imagine my life without him.
This year, his 92nd birthday is just days before Lil E is due. We are thinking he/she will make a great present for him. Papa is hoping he/she comes a few days early :)
For more information on the Weekly Photo Challenge click here.
For our other entries from the past, click here.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Big (sarasjansen.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: BIG (mytropicalhome.wordpress.com)
- Tiny But Big Do Not Be Deceived.Weekly Photo Challenge. (savedollarblog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Big (windagainstcurrent.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: BiG (joycannis.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Big! (smallhousebiggarden.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Big (silkenphotography.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: BIG TREES (picturesinlivingcolor.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: BIG (aboutgivingandreceiving.wordpress.com)